Visit Orangutan Start by Arrival at Pangkalan Bun airport meet service and then drive to Kumai by taxi (25 minutes). Pass several villages. Upon arrival in Kumai, board on the boat and then boating up slowly to Tanjung harapan to explore the sekonyer river by klotok (traditional wooden boat) while observe the wildlife such as Proboscis monkey (long nose monkey), long tail monkey, birds etc a long the river sides. at 3pm starting to feed orangutan and also you can see another wildlife in the feeding station. Back to the boat and enjoying sunset from sekonyer river. Cundle light Dinner while listening jungle sound and sleep on the boat.
The boat is a traditional wooden river boat about 14m by 2m with roof upper deck where you can see the rain forest. The guide’s team includes the boatmen, cook and tourist guide. On the boat, we have simple mattres, pillow, mosquito net, meals, mineral water, kichten and toilet.
After early breakfast, boating up to Pondok Tanggui Camp to witness orangutan feeding at 9am. Upon arrival at Pondok Tanggui, we walk to feeding area. After orangutan feeding we can take short trekking in the forest. Then proceed to Camp Leakey about 1,5 – 2 hours boating. After lunch on the boat, you have opportunities to take short trekking or see information center before see orangutan feeding at 2 pm.
After visiting Camp Leakey, we boating down slowly to Nipa Palm Area (house of Fireflies). On the way down we still can be observe the monkeys, birds and other animals, and in the evening if good weather we can see the fireflies a long the nipa palm. Dinner and sleep on the boat.
After breakfast boating down to Kumaiand then trasfer by car to Pangkalan Bun airport for your next destination. Tour end.
If you have more time we can make City Tour or stay longer in Tanjung Puting National Park (depend on your flight shcedule)
1. Return transfer from & to Pangkalan Bun airport
2. Boat Transport: A wooden river boat / klotok
3. English speaking guide and own chef
4. Meals as indicated (meals on the boat serve fresh and good variety Indonesian food)
5. Admission fee and park entrance permit
6. Accommodation overnight on the boat
7. Ranger donation
8. Mineral water, Tea, coffee, snack are coming along on the boat
10. Night trekking
1. Alcoholic beverage, Laundry, Souvenirs
3. Any expenses incurred due to all causes beyond program (cancelled flights)
4. Personal expenses (Tipping for the guide & crews)
5. Force Majeure & Airport tax